It’s super fun to decorate and go all out when you are throwing a party. Unfortunately that usually means plastic (or paper) plates and straws. Botanical ice cubes are the perfect way to create a bit of fun without the waste. And they’re super easy to make.
You will need:
- ice cube trays
- colorful spices, herbs, edible flowers, fruits or veggies
This is how you do it:
- Boil the water you will use to make the ice cubes and let it cool down. This will make the ice cubes more transparent. That way the result will be more beautiful.
- Fill the ice cube tray a quarter of the way up, add the flower, herbs or whatever you are using, fill the ice cube tray halfway and freeze.
- Fill up the ice cube tray with water and freeze again.
- Add the ice cubes to a cocktail, lemonade or even just some water for a festive feel. Also a perfect way to add botanicals to your gin and tonics.
Enjoy your festive moment